The following guide will assist administrators in transitioning Qwickly Attendance from LTI 1.1 to LTI 1.3 for Canvas.
NOTE: For Canvas, both LTI 1.1 and 1.3 installations can be used concurrently on your systems.
If you have Qwickly Attendance installed in a test server of your Canvas environment, we suggest you upgrade that server first to LTI 1.3 to test the process, then move to production. It is recommended that this is completed during a period of low usage and not during an active semester in order to avoid confusion for users in production environments.
This transition to LTI 1.3 will not affect current or existing courses. Data migration is not needed and any existing product settings will remain the same.
Go to Admin > Your Instance Account > Developer Keys > Add (+) Developer Key > LTI Key
Fill in the values:
- Key name: Qwickly Attendance LTI 1.3
- Method: Enter URL
- Icon URL: http://goqwickly.com/imgs/logo_250x250p.png
- JSON URL: https://www.qwickly.tools/attendance/lti_setup/canvas/
- Note: the JSON will create default placements in User Navigation and Link Creation
Ensure that the new key for Attendance is enabled:
Copy the Key ID to a text document, you will need it later.
Go to Admin > Settings > Apps > View App Configurations
Click + App
Fill in the values:
- Configuration Type: By Client ID
- Client ID: The ID you copied in the previous step
Once the app is installed, find it in the list, click the settings wheel > Deployment ID
Copy the Deployment ID to the text document.
Then, go to https://www.qwickly.tools/
Click the 1.3 icon in your instance that you are adding LTI 1.3 to and fill in the LTI 1.3 Key ID and Deployment ID
Optional - Editing the new LTI 1.3 Placements for Attendance
Create the LTI tool link for Qwickly in your Canvas Instance.
- Go to Admin > Your Instance Account > Developer Keys
- Find the Developer Key for Qwickly 1.3 Attendance > Edit Key
- Scroll down and find the Placements section
- The JSON created placements will appear here
You can navigate the different placement options in the selector.