Qwickly is included in all K-12 license of Learn.
Qwickly+Cloud in Action
Qwickly+Cloud is both a module on the Learn homepage and includes for teachers:
- course availability;
- post announcement;
- post content (including cloud content from Google Drive for example);
- send email;
- create assignment for teachers;
- post URL link
For students, Qwickly includes:
- email instructors;
- submit assignments [both native and cloud assignments] using either files on their computer or files from the cloud.
- email group members [if they are members of a group]
- link to cloud documents using the Mash Up tool
Qwickly also includes a series of course tools for teachers:
- add cloud content under Add Item in a content area;
- add cloud content under the Mash Up tool in the virtual text editor;
- create cloud assignment under Assessments
Qwickly course tools for students includes:
- submit cloud assignment (if a teacher created a cloud assignment)
- add cloud content under the Mash Up tool in the virtual text editor
Follow the guide below to install Qwickly into your Blackboard instance.
- Download a valid copy of Qwickly
- Upload the Blackboard Building Block™ into your instance of Blackboard
Learn™ using the System Admin tab > Building Blocks > Installed Tools. Click the Upload Building Blocks button and choose the building block you downloaded from this site. Make the Building Block Available.
- A server restart is required to allow for all permissions.
- Go to the Qwickly Settings area under the System Admin pane of Learn. When you first enter the system settings, it will prompt you to create a Qwickly ID.
- Please note your Qwickly ID, but it can be recovered easily. Use the Qwickly ID to initiate the license and choose Blackboard K-12 as the option under the dropdown.
- On the new screen, enter the information for your system administrator or contact information. Note that an invoice is generated, but the license is valid for 99 years and there is no charge.
- Once you have initiated the Qwickly license, configure Qwickly.
- Visit the System Admin tab, find the Tools and Utilities section and locate Qwickly Settings. Select the tools you want to include, set your semester code and click submit. You MUST configure the tool before using it. If you are upgrading the tool, you must still go in to Qwickly settings after installation and SAVE the settings, even if nothing has changed.
- Qwickly+Cloud: To initiate the cloud connectors, go the Support tab and request the cloud connectors for each service. This will typically take 24 hours.
- Semester Code: An optional string of text that targets specific sets of courses. For instance, if you want Qwickly to only apply to courses with course IDs that start with 2013SU, enter that into the Semester Code block. Semester codes can come at the beginning, end or even in the middle of the course id. If you leave Semester Code blank, Qwickly's tools will apply to all courses.
- Qwickly tools: Select the tools available, available tools will be seen by faculty and students (students only see Submit Assignment, Email Instructor, and Email Group Members).
- Set Module Settings: Qwickly installs a module into Blackboard Learn™. Locate the module by going to Tabs and Modules > Modules and locate Qwickly.
- Edit the properties of Qwickly: Make the module available to the appropriate users, typically you just have to make it available at the system level.
- UNCHECK the 'Allow Asynchronous Loading' box and submit.
- Deploy the Qwickly Module as you would any other module on your Home tab (or any other tab you wish). We recommend deploying Qwickly in the top left position of your home tab.
- Add Qwickly to your Tool Panel: Qwickly installs a tool into Blackboard Learn™. Add the tool to the Tool Panel by going to Tabs and Modules > Tool Panel and click the Add Tool button. Give the Tool a Title and Select Qwickly from the tool select menu.
To initiate Cloud Connectors (Google Drive, DropBox, Box, and OneDrive), visit the Support Tab and select the cloud connectors. It typically takes 24 hours to complete the request due to the hosting providers approval process.
To Deploy as a Course Tool within a course.
- Go to System Admin tab > System Settings > Tools
- Find Qwickly on the list, and turn all the options to ON for courses - Set for New and Existing Courses.
- Click Submit
- Check a course by entering a content area (Course Documents) and selecting Build Content > Upload Cloud Content
Qwickly utilizes a number of Blackboard Web Services which must be turned on for Qwickly to access. If you run across an error that includes a message with a .WS, chances are the web services for that item are not available to Qwickly. Here are a couple of examples of how these errors would look:
operation Announcement.WS.createCourseAnnouncements is invalid
[WSFW005]Attempt to use a tool-only method (CourseMembership.WS.getCourseRoles) when authenticated as a user
In order to resolve this, turn on the Web Services:
- Go to the Blackboard System Admin tab and go to "Web Services" under the Building Blocks section.
- Click the drop down arrow next to Announcement.WS (These are announcement web services) and choose Operations.
- Next to createCourseAnnouncements, createOrgAnnouncements, make sure the restrictions are set to "Permit Any Authorized Access".
Use the error message you receive to target the specific web service you need to turn on.