Qwickly Attendance LTI is an external tool in the context of Canvas. Opening an external tool in an iframe has the potential of causing compatibility issues across various web browsers.
In order to avoid this, Qwickly suggests clients to set up Qwickly's LTI tools to open in a new window. Up to this point, our Qwickly Attendance LTI Setup Guide defined a setup URL for our LTI tool that made our application open in an iframe. This has now been updated to a new URL that configures our LTI tool to open in a new window.
The following steps define how to remove a Qwickly Attendance tool link that opens in an iframe:
- Inside Canvas, go to Admin > Settings > Apps > View App Configurations (If set up in individual courses, go to the course Settings > Apps > View App Configurations)
- Delete the Current Qwickly Attendance placement
Next, the following steps define how to add a Qwickly Attendance tool link that opens in a new tab:
- Inside Canvas, go to Admin > Your Instance Account > Settings > Apps > View App Configurations
- Click +App and change configuration type to by URL
- Enter the following app settings and create tool:
- Name: Qwickly Attendance
- Consumer Key: <Client Key from Qwickly Dashboard -> Instance Manager -> Your Key>
- Shared Secret: <Client Secret from Qwickly Dashboard -> Instance Manager -> Your Secret>
- Config URL: https://www.qwickly.tools/attendance/lti_config/nw/