Blackboard Learn users may potentially be using the outdated Building Block (B2) version of the Qwickly Attendance tool. The recommended version of the Attendance tool is LTI.
There are a few visual indications that will allow you to make sure whether a course is using the B2 Attendance tool or the LTI Attendance tool.
Building Block Attendance
- The Blackboard course navbar on the left side of the screen will be visible when using B2 Attendance
- The course name will not be shown under the "Take Attendance" label
- The currently selected statuses will be highlighted in a lighter color
The LTI Attendance can potentially be set up in two different ways:
1. LTI Attendance Set to launch in an iframe inside of Blackboard
- The Blackboard course navbar on the left side of the screen will be hidden when using LTI Attendance in an iframe
- The LTI Attendance shows the course name under the "Take Attendance" label
- The currently selected statuses will be highlighted in a darker color
- Furthermore, there will be more features available in the newer LTI version of the tool
2. LTI Attendance Set to launch in a new tab outside of Blackboard
- Attendance LTI set to launch in a new tab will open the tool in a new tab, you will be able to see the "www.qwickly.tools" domain on your browser (this domain hosts the LTI tool)