Institutions may use multiple custom roles as "Instructor" or "Student" roles in their LMS. Qwickly Attendance LTI uses each LMS's default Instructor and Student roles when detecting users in a course. However, Qwickly Attendance allows an Institution's Admins to configure additional roles to use the tools by adding them through the Attendance System Settings.
- The Admin can go to www.qwickly.tools > Manage Instances > Your Instance's Attendance Settings
- Once in the Attendance Settings page, the admin will see an option called "Configure custom Roles that can use Attendance". Clicking on the icon of this setting will open a popup (example screenshot below)
- The "Instructor-level Roles" will try to load a list of custom roles from your LMS system. Any additional roles that need to be provided Instructor-level access can be marked here
- The "Student-level Roles" will contain an input field where you can add custom student roles that need to be detected in Attendance (multiple roles can be added by separating the values with commas)
- Once the desired roles have been added, the pup-up can be closed and the settings need to be saved by scrolling down to the bottom of the page and clicking Submit.