These settings control the method of grading in the course and allow you to push your grades out into your course's Grade Center
- No Grade Center Column: Selecting this doesn't create a grade center column, or removes an already existing column
- Total Points: Selecting this setting will make the course use the "Points" value as the total Attendance Points available for the course.
- For example, if "Total Points" worth 100 points is selected, then user's attendance points will be calculated and weighted to the total of 100 points. If a user has 2 Presents and 2 Absents in a course, they will have 50 points out of a possible 100.
- Per Session: Selecting this setting will make each session worth the "Points" value, with the total available points being Points per session times the total number of sessions.
- For example, if "Per Session" worth 5 points is selected, then a user will get 5 points each time they are marked present. If a user has 2 Presents and 2 Absents in a course, they will have 10 points out of a possible 20.
- NOTE: the "Per Session" option will be blocked if the course takes Attendance by groups or sections. This is because the different groups may not have the same amounts of sessions taken which means there may be different total points. For this reason, Total Points will have to be defined by the instructor for this mode of Attendance taking.
- Column Name: This setting controls what the grade center column will be named
- No Grade Center Column for Absences: Selecting this doesn't create a grade center column for absences, or removes an already existing column for absences
- Points per Absence: Selecting this setting will create a gradebook column for absences that uses the "Points Per Absence" value for grading
What the integration looks like on the LMS side
The Qwickly Attendance grade center integration will create only one column in your LMS's grade center integration. If both grade center integration for points and for absences are enabled, then the application will create one points column and one absence column. The column will be named based on the "Column Name" setting described above.
Example Attendance column screenshots from various LMSs below: