Creating custom course statuses is one of the most powerful and flexible features of Qwickly Attendance. See the numbers on the screenshot with the explanation below.
To Access the status customization area in a course, go into the Settings Screen within Qwickly Attendance and scroll down to Attendance Statuses. It is important to note that if the system administrator at your school has turned off customizing statuses at the course level, you will only see a list of the system statuses in this section.
Hide System Statuses If you prefer not to use one or more of the system statuses, click the On/Off toggle to Off. This will hide the corresponding system status.
Adding a Custom Status - If you have a status you'd like to create, click the "Add Status" button. A new line will appear in the table.
- Order - This is the order in which the status will appear on the attendance taking screen. Please note, custom course statuses always show after the list of system statuses.
- Name - The name of the status that will show on the attendance taking screen and in any record.
- Points - This is used for grading. Enter the percentage of points a student should receive if they receive that status for the day. For example, if a day is worth 2 points 100% of the points would be 2 points, 50% would be 1 point. Typically Present is worth 100% and Absent is worth 0%. Enter only numbers in this field, decimals are accepted.
- Absence - Enter the percentage of an absence a student should receive if they receive that status for the day. For example, 100% Absence would give the student 1 full absence. If you wanted to create a Tardy status in which 3 tardies = 1 absence, you would enter 33.3%. Enter only numbers in this field, decimals are accepted.
- Color - Click the block to set a custom color to show up in the attendance record.
- Delete Statuses - Delete a custom status you've already created by clicking the X in this column.