Qwickly Attendance is introducing a new attendance taking mode named "User Activity Mode" that allows an instructor to lookup activities done in the LMS by users and take attendance according to activities detected.
This mode allows instructors to look at the last date someone has logged into the course, as well as look up attempts for assignments, discussions or quizzes.
In order to make sure quizzes can be detected, System Administrators have to make sure that the Qwickly OAuth 2.0 application registered in their LMS has "quizzing:*:*" added to the scopes.
1. Updating the Scopes in D2L
- Click on the Admin options (gear icon in the top right corner of the LMS homepage)
- Click on Manage Extensibility
- Click on "OAuth 2.0" tab and navigate to Qwickly Attendance
- Click on Edit
- Update the scope to contain the following values: content:*:* core:*:* discussions:*:* enrollment:*:* grades:*:* quizzing:*:* role:*:* users:*:*
2. Updating the scopes with Qwickly
Once this has been done, you will need to update your scope with Qwickly. Copy the scopes from D2L OAauth2.0 Applications page described above. Once you have the scopes, complete the following steps:
- Navigate to www.qwickly.tools > Manage Instances > Your D2L Instance's Attendance settings
- Add the value to the input field labeled "Update your D2L OAuth2.0 Scope" and save settings.
More info on required scopes: https://qwickly.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360046584431-Qwickly-OAuth-2-0-scope-for-Desire2Learn-Brightspace